There are two ‘official’ ISKCON 50 films.
Film one: Hare Krishna: Fifty Years of Service & Joy
This is a twenty-minute documentary that has already been released and is available on Youtube (click here to see the film). High-res copies of this film can also be downloaded upon request for special screenings at local temples.
The film was supported by ISKCON Communications Ministry and the 50th Anniversary Committee, and it was created by an international filmmaker crew, who traveled around the globe to shoot the footage and interview devotees.
The film was released early February, and so far it has been screened in scores of countries and seen by thousands of people including ISKCON devotees and congregation, students, teachers, and representatives of other religions.
Film two: The Joy of Devotion
This film, which is slated to be released in mid-2016, will tell the story of ISKCON to the world in 40 minutes. It will emphasise:
- The joy that ISKCON members experience devoting their lives to the service of God and humanity.
- Tell the story through the lives of several Hare Krishna devotees.
- Show a snapshot of the diverse membership of ISKCON from different backgrounds, nationalities, and age groups.
- Allow the viewer to learn some of the most important elements of the Krishna-conscious philosophy and lifestyle.
- Inform the viewer about Krishna, Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Srila Prabhupada, the Mahamantra.
- Provide information on ISKCON’s history, its main projects and activities.
- Discuss the fulfilling experience of bhakti, of lovingly serving God and humanity.
Some of the main themes that will be covered in the film include:
- Techniques of spiritual life Kirtan and mantra
- Checking the imbalance of values
- Having unity, peace and joy
- Sustainable community development
- Simple living and high thinking
- Krishna conscious Family
- The four regulations: no drugs, gambling, meat eating and illicit relationships
- Spiritual knowledge
- Vaishnava worldview
- God-centered universe Bhagavad-gita